My photo
What can I say about myself that is interesting to someone else. Hmmmm..... I am a mother, first and foremost and my kids are very important to me. Also, even though this was hard to admit, I am a Grandma. Love them soooo much. I am also a girl friend. I have someone in my life who loves me. It's a wonderful feeling. Also, I have a great job. I am not going to reveal how many years I have worked at my job in the travel business but it is over a quarter of a century. Yikes!!! Anyway, thanks for visiting me. I will try to update and keep my blog interesting so you can keep up with me and my life.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Feeling Intimidated

Wow!!  I've got to say.  I am really new to the blogging world and in the beginning I was in awe.  I always heard of people blogging but really never knew what it was. Then Holly gave me an inside peek.  I was instantly hooked and decided I have enough ideas and thoughts to have an interesting blog.    And I love peeking into other lady's lives and homes and I love a good laugh.  I love the pics and the comments.  I love reading about someone who has the same ideas and thoughts and feelings that I do.  I really think I found some kindred spirits. 

But the past week I have been feeling really intimidated.  The more I get into the other blogs the more I love reading them and catching up on so many posts, but I am feeling like I don't write as well as others, I don't take as great of pictures as others, I don't have great ideas to post about like others and I am not as interesting as everyone else and I can't make people laugh as others do.  And I am really struggling with making my blog look as nice as everyone elses.  I'm telling you, this is really a hit to my self esteem.  As I am writing this I am thinking that everyone will be bored to tears.  Ugh!!!

I'm digging deep down inside to keep up with this blog. I need to smile and think better thoughts.  Flowers do that for me.
 

Feeling a little better.  Thanks for stopping in!!   

4 comments:

  1. Cindy, Do NOT feel intimidated! Your blog is wonderful and so are you! I had one woman describe my way of writing " with NO REGARD to sentence srtucture. " i cracked up! she was right!
    And I have very very few pictures on my blog.
    Just be YOU!!!!! Who knows. maybe there are bloggers that are intimidated by YOU.
    Have a pretty day!
    p.s. How sweet was hat for him to give you a rose bush!!! Great idea!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sweet, sweet Cindy Sue. Just think of blogging as an online diary. Write for yourself. Write about what makes you happy. I know what you are talking about though, there are so many wonderful blogs but it's not a competition. No one is like you, in your postings and in real life. I love you and I always look forward to reading your blog. So......are we wearing our tights tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES YES!! I struggled with this too.. and STILL struggle with it. But Holly is right... write for yourself.. keep enjoying others.. and know that you have something that NO ONE ELSE does. And what the heck is this about tights???? p.s. I think you are JUST terrific... your kindness, your humility, your fun... your YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, just write like you are talking to a friend, cause that is who you are talking to! It is all about what you say, not how you say it. So say away, everyone is waiting to listen and be a friend back. And then above all, just have fun. PS your doing just fine, no worries!

    ReplyDelete