My photo
What can I say about myself that is interesting to someone else. Hmmmm..... I am a mother, first and foremost and my kids are very important to me. Also, even though this was hard to admit, I am a Grandma. Love them soooo much. I am also a girl friend. I have someone in my life who loves me. It's a wonderful feeling. Also, I have a great job. I am not going to reveal how many years I have worked at my job in the travel business but it is over a quarter of a century. Yikes!!! Anyway, thanks for visiting me. I will try to update and keep my blog interesting so you can keep up with me and my life.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I love surprises!!

I was unsuspecting.  I was minding my own business.  I got a text from a friend asking me if I like the color pink.  Oh, was I intrigued!!  I love the color pink.  Especially vintage pink!!  I told her yes and I asked her why.  She wouldn't tell, she said she will see me later that night.  Oh, I couldn't wait.  I was getting a surprise and it was pink!!

Remember this apron?  Holly posted on her blog that it was her first attempt at making an apron.  I commented that I thought it was adorable.  Little did I know, it would become my very own!!

Not only do I have the pleasure of being a blogging friend to Holly, I am an "in person" friend.  For all you girls who don't know her personally, she is awesome!!  She is cute and funny and talented and she is an inspiration to me. 

So Holly, my new apron is taking first place in my row of aprons. And what I really love about it besides that it is handmade and a gift, I love that it fits me.  I have a few vintage aprons and they are so tiny.  Women years ago must not have had big waists.  I'm just saying. 

Thanks Holly. I feel honored to have my new apron.

Remember, it's all about us Chicks!!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a sweetheart! Thanks for the sweet post. I'm so glad that you like it.

    ReplyDelete