My photo
What can I say about myself that is interesting to someone else. Hmmmm..... I am a mother, first and foremost and my kids are very important to me. Also, even though this was hard to admit, I am a Grandma. Love them soooo much. I am also a girl friend. I have someone in my life who loves me. It's a wonderful feeling. Also, I have a great job. I am not going to reveal how many years I have worked at my job in the travel business but it is over a quarter of a century. Yikes!!! Anyway, thanks for visiting me. I will try to update and keep my blog interesting so you can keep up with me and my life.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Crock Pot Taco Soup

I found this recipe on Mommy's Kitchen Blog.  mommyskitchen.net   Now that the weather is getting colder in Phoenix, we need a good crock pot recipe.  Here it is.  By the way, if you ever need an awesome idea food wise.  Go to her blog.  Ton's of recipes and ideas.  I am making this over the weekend.  Hope mine looks as good as hers.  I'll keep you posted.




2 - pounds ground beef, ground turkey or a mixture of
1- lb breakfast sausage + 1 - lb ground beef or turkey
1 1/2 - cups diced onions
1 - 15 oz cans bush's pinto beans, drained & rinsed
1 - 15 oz can bush's kidney beans, drained & rinsed
1 - 15 oz can bush's black beans, drained & rinsed
1 - 15 oz can whole kernel corn, drained or 2 cups frozen corn
1 - 14.5 oz can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
1 - 14 1/2 oz can diced tomatoes
1 - 14.5 oz can mild rotel (tomatoes with chile's)
1 - cup water
1 - 4.6 oz can sliced black olives, drained
1/2 - cup green olives, sliced, optional
1 - package taco seasoning mix
1 - 1 oz package ranch salad dressing mix

Using a large skillet brown the meat together with the chopped onions. Drain and add the meat mixture to your crock pot. Rinse and drain all of the beans. Next just start adding all of the canned ingredients, water and drained beans to the crock pot. Sprinkle the taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix on top and give it a gentle stir. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment