My photo
What can I say about myself that is interesting to someone else. Hmmmm..... I am a mother, first and foremost and my kids are very important to me. Also, even though this was hard to admit, I am a Grandma. Love them soooo much. I am also a girl friend. I have someone in my life who loves me. It's a wonderful feeling. Also, I have a great job. I am not going to reveal how many years I have worked at my job in the travel business but it is over a quarter of a century. Yikes!!! Anyway, thanks for visiting me. I will try to update and keep my blog interesting so you can keep up with me and my life.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Commotion In My Head

I am having trouble sharing my healthy living journey on my blog.  This struggle has always been something I only dealt with privately and in my own mind.  I never even talk about it with girlfriends or family.  But, I am hoping that talking about it out loud (even if it is not really out loud) will help me with my self esteem and my whole journey all together. 
Yesterday after work I went and hiked my favorite trail on North Mountain.  Usually this is liberating for me and helps me with my thoughts.  Yesterday though I kept thinking about all the things I needed to get done and I cut the hike short.  Then at the end of the night I was disappointed in myself because once again, I didn’t put myself first.  All the things that need to be done shouldn’t take priority over ME!!!  Lesson learned.  When I am working out, of course my mind is going to try to remember what needs to be done in my life, but all of those things need to be second place on my priority list from now on. 

Got my hiking shoes on ready to take on trail #44 again today!!!  See you at the top!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment