My photo
What can I say about myself that is interesting to someone else. Hmmmm..... I am a mother, first and foremost and my kids are very important to me. Also, even though this was hard to admit, I am a Grandma. Love them soooo much. I am also a girl friend. I have someone in my life who loves me. It's a wonderful feeling. Also, I have a great job. I am not going to reveal how many years I have worked at my job in the travel business but it is over a quarter of a century. Yikes!!! Anyway, thanks for visiting me. I will try to update and keep my blog interesting so you can keep up with me and my life.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

I share a room with my honey.  He has one side for his computer and all his games.  I have the other side for sewing and crafting.  This is what my side looks like right now.UGH!!


But underneath all my craziness, do you see that vintage replica fabric.  It is hidden right now but you can see a glimpse of it.  See it?  Isn't it wonderful?  What is it about vintage fabric that just keeps my eyes on it forever?

Anyway, enough about my mess.  I have been making a quilt for 4 yrs.  Yes, 4 yrs.  I just can't seem to finish it.  Stuff happens, I guess.  BUT, I plan on completing it this year.  Really!!  I do!!  I am getting my side of the room organized and getting ready to dive in and complete this project.  My honey is going to build me some shelves to help me get organized.  Isn't he the sweetest?

This is the pattern I used.  Isn't is beautiful?  And I love the name of it.
Here are some of the squares I've completed so far.

Here are some of the hundreds of strips I cut out.  Isn't this the best fabric?
I hope to someday in the future, put a picture of my completed quilt on this blog.  Stay tuned girls. 

Thanks for visiting. 

4 comments:

  1. I was just telling my sister on the phone this morning that I wanted to try to make a quilt but have no idea where to start. I love your fabric choices. Can't wait to see it when you're done. Coors Light is such a nice guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lucky you that you know how to quilt. i adore quilts and kind of have a little collection:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for what you said today...it really comforted my heart. i do worry about change with my girls and i should just trust that at whatever stage they are in we will be just fine. anyway thanks for that:) happy weekend to ya.

    ReplyDelete