My photo
What can I say about myself that is interesting to someone else. Hmmmm..... I am a mother, first and foremost and my kids are very important to me. Also, even though this was hard to admit, I am a Grandma. Love them soooo much. I am also a girl friend. I have someone in my life who loves me. It's a wonderful feeling. Also, I have a great job. I am not going to reveal how many years I have worked at my job in the travel business but it is over a quarter of a century. Yikes!!! Anyway, thanks for visiting me. I will try to update and keep my blog interesting so you can keep up with me and my life.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Today is my 49th Birthday

Boy that was hard to say.  I have been lying about my age for so long I actually had to do the math to see how old I really am.

You are wondering why I lie about my age.  I'm scared I guess.  Scared to turn 50.  I just remember all my life that 50 just seemed so old.  I always thought when a person turned 50 their fun and exciting life was over.  I thought it was time to get the rocking chair out and stop coloring over the gray hair.

So today I had to face that in one year I will turn 50.  My thoughts are changing about turning 50.  My thoughts are now that I would love for this next year to be the year I plan for turning 50.  Wouldn't it be awesome if on my birthday, a year from today, that I feel good about myself.  It would be so cool to turn 50 and be ready to face the rest of my life as a confident and self assured 50 yr old.  I would love it when I turn 50 that "I" am my first priority.   I am on my way to feeling these things.   Baby steps I guess. 

1 comment:

  1. First, let me say, Happy Birthday (a day late)! I love this post, about preparing for 50. Just don't forget to enjoy 49!

    ReplyDelete