My photo
What can I say about myself that is interesting to someone else. Hmmmm..... I am a mother, first and foremost and my kids are very important to me. Also, even though this was hard to admit, I am a Grandma. Love them soooo much. I am also a girl friend. I have someone in my life who loves me. It's a wonderful feeling. Also, I have a great job. I am not going to reveal how many years I have worked at my job in the travel business but it is over a quarter of a century. Yikes!!! Anyway, thanks for visiting me. I will try to update and keep my blog interesting so you can keep up with me and my life.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Pretty Good List

I was reading Jenny’s post this morning and I felt compelled to share my list also.  I have been taking inventory of my “core” in 2011 and also have some things I want to change or accomplish.  I’m telling you, to make this list, I had to really look at myself and some things were really uncomfortable to put down on paper.  But, if I want to be “whole”, it was necessary to come clean with myself.  So here it is. 
And of course, I don’t express myself as well as Jenny, she has a way with words, but here is my list.
  • Remember, my way is not the only way.
  • My house is not spotless and it is “good enough”.  I learned this motto from Lissa at Humble Pie.
  • Pray
  • Stop having such high expectations of my BFF
  • Like what I see in the mirror each morning.  Stop comparing myself to everyone else.  I do this a lot!!
  • Keep up on my journal.  I am not good with words but it helps to write them down.
  • Always remember that my man loves me, flaws and all.
  • I can’t believe that I am going to actually put this in words.  Stop sneaking snacks.  I am a closet snack eater. 
  • Be more consistent in my work outs.
  • One thing at a time.
  • Patience, Patience, Patience
  • Instead of watching re-runs of Seinfeld and Raymond, pick up one of the books I have been meaning to read.
  • Celebrate my successes!!
Thanks for stopping by. 


3 comments:

  1. Love this list! I'm proud of you! Can I also tell you that I'm angry that they replaced the Friends, Raymond, King of Queens trio with Seinfeld and Friends only? How dumb is that? By the way, did you know that I love you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This pretty good list, is a great one! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Cindy! I just read this!!! I LOVE your list my friend!!! I LOVE IT!!! alright... you and me... we gonna try to stick to these lists of ours!!!

    ReplyDelete