My photo
What can I say about myself that is interesting to someone else. Hmmmm..... I am a mother, first and foremost and my kids are very important to me. Also, even though this was hard to admit, I am a Grandma. Love them soooo much. I am also a girl friend. I have someone in my life who loves me. It's a wonderful feeling. Also, I have a great job. I am not going to reveal how many years I have worked at my job in the travel business but it is over a quarter of a century. Yikes!!! Anyway, thanks for visiting me. I will try to update and keep my blog interesting so you can keep up with me and my life.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A good time and an elephant

This is my BF.  Her name is Brenda.  She has been my friend for longer than I care to tell.  Let me see, we were best friends way before I had kids and my oldest is now 26 sooo….. that’s a long time. For years we spoke everyday.  We saw each other practically every day.  Our kids went to the same school, had the same circle of friends, we worked out together and so on …  We have seen each other through a divorce, new jobs, and all the drama that sometimes comes with life. We actually had the Sex in the City kind of friendship.  We knew everything about each other. 
But, life kind of took us in different directions the past five years.  Things just haven’t been the same.  I would get upset because I didn’t think she wanted to hook up.  She would avoid me because her life was in somewhat of a turmoil.  We would argue and then not speak for a while.  I was selfish, I think.  I didn’t like only staying in touch by texting and face book.  I had higher expectations. 
But, I have come to realize and see that she we can’t always have the same kind of friendship.  Things change and I need to change with them.  I need to be more understanding. 
In my “Pretty Good List” I had two things I wanted to work on.  One was not to have such high expectations of my BF.  And another was my way is not always the right way. So, bottom line, I had dinner with Brenda and we talked for hours and I am more accepting of the texting and face book. 
Brenda, this post is dedicated to you.  Love you more than you know!!!
Oh and we had dinner at the Elephant Bar.

6 comments:

  1. I have a friendship like that. We used to talk every single day but now only once every couple of months. Life just kinda gets in the way but now we understand that and just pick up where we left off the last time we talked. Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hon, is it me or is that photo upside down? I am tired mind you, too much rain and too much computer work. And it could be that it is suppose to be that way. OK, now that I have that out of the way.

    What a wonderful post about yourself and how you are accepting of change for self and to love others. I am proud to know you (don't misunderstand, I was before too!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS you can tell I have never been there, can't you? I can't take me anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how wonderful!!! Isn't it great that even though you went through something between the two of you... you are stronger now... and love eachother even more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great you guys are talking again! Wish I could say that for one of my friends. I miss her. Glad someone is just like me and has to have a diet coke first thing in the morning. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The roots of your friendship are deep and I am glad for you that it continues. A friend that has been through so much with you is worth the all effort it takes.

    ReplyDelete