My photo
What can I say about myself that is interesting to someone else. Hmmmm..... I am a mother, first and foremost and my kids are very important to me. Also, even though this was hard to admit, I am a Grandma. Love them soooo much. I am also a girl friend. I have someone in my life who loves me. It's a wonderful feeling. Also, I have a great job. I am not going to reveal how many years I have worked at my job in the travel business but it is over a quarter of a century. Yikes!!! Anyway, thanks for visiting me. I will try to update and keep my blog interesting so you can keep up with me and my life.

Friday, March 18, 2011

King and Queen of Hearts

I belong to the Fraternal Order of Eagles.  Our motto is “People Helping People”
This is Tommy and I last June when we were named AZ State Heart Fund King and Queen.

You are probably wondering, Uhhh!!  What’s that?  Well,  in the State of AZ we raised the most money for the Max Baer Heart Fund.  We had a charity golf tournament, we cooked so many breakfasts that we lost count, we had bake sales, we did taco nights and chili nights. 
We have the title for a year and this coming June we turn the title over the next team who raises the most money. 
Just thought I would share something about myself that my new blogging friends didn’t know.  I am the 2010-2011 Queen of Hearts.
PS  Don’t you just love Tommy’s crown.  Thank goodness the dog chewed it up and we got him a real crown, from Burger King!!

2 comments:

  1. And I helped by eating a lot of tacos! Really, people who are reading this, this is really an amazing accomplishment and we are all so proud of Tommy and Cindy for all they do for everyone. She has such a giving heart. Love you Baby Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Royalty!! You worked hard for it.
    My husband played golf as we honeymooned (partially) in Arizona...Rio Verde.

    ReplyDelete