My photo
What can I say about myself that is interesting to someone else. Hmmmm..... I am a mother, first and foremost and my kids are very important to me. Also, even though this was hard to admit, I am a Grandma. Love them soooo much. I am also a girl friend. I have someone in my life who loves me. It's a wonderful feeling. Also, I have a great job. I am not going to reveal how many years I have worked at my job in the travel business but it is over a quarter of a century. Yikes!!! Anyway, thanks for visiting me. I will try to update and keep my blog interesting so you can keep up with me and my life.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Red Velvet Cookies, recipe included

I added a new cookie to my baking this past Christmas.  I came across this recipe and I just had to make them.  Red Velvet Cookies.  They were yummy and moist and the kind of cookie I can eat for breakfast in the morning. 

The reason I am sharing them in my blog is because I have been asked to make them for a function.  Sooooo....   someone likes them enough to request them from me.  I love that!!  I love to make something that someone requests. Check out how yummy they look.

I kind of felt like I was cheating when I made these because they are made with this.  It makes it soooo easy to fall in love with this recipe, I am all about short cuts.
Thanks for letting me share one of my new favorite cookies.

1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon red food color
1 egg
3/4 to 1 cup Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy cream cheese frosting
1/4 cup chopped nuts

  1. Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, cocoa, butter, sour cream, food color and egg until soft dough forms.
  2. Roll dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
  3. Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until set. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
  4. Frost cooled cookies with frosting. Sprinkle with nuts. Store tightly covered at room temperature.

2 comments:

  1. Hey!! Where's the recipe? Or better yet, where are my cookies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from Hoosier at Heart, congratulations on your award.

    ReplyDelete